- I want to become a Meadows franchisee. What are the next steps?
Please contact us by filling out the Franchise Inquiry Form in the “Franchising” section -or- contact us by phone at 866-868-2954.
- What other type of ongoing support does The Meadows provide?
We provide initial training and ongoing guidance, access to our multi-unit product buying program, access to marketing materials, participation in our secret shopping program, and most importantly provide you with the ability to sell our original frozen custard formula, a proprietary mix. Since this mix is produced in volume for our organization, it is available to the franchisee at a lower cost than an independent operation would pay for a generic custard formula – one of the benefits of franchising.
- What kind of support can I expect from The Meadows through the development process?
We walk the franchisee through the entire process, including:
- Financing suggestions and assistance
- Conducting a training program for owners/managers
- Site selection suggestions and assistance as well as access to a network of real estate professionals with whom we have become partners
- Consultation and advice with regard to construction and operation of the custard stand, parking and building layouts, equipment and equipment layouts, employee selection, purchasing and inventory control
- Oversight of equipment ordering and delivery
- Provide a trainer during the first three weeks of operation and ongoing support and training thereafter
- Accounting/bookkeeping training and assistance
- Marketing/advertising training and assistance
- Does The Meadows select the site where I’ll build my franchise?
No. You will select the site, but The Meadows Franchise Systems must approve of the location.
- What type of return can I expect to make on my investment?
As with any franchising system, we are not able to make earnings claims by law. We do encourage potential franchisees to perform their due diligence and research the frozen dessert industry and their own local market. It is also wise to contact current franchisees for their input.
- Does The Meadows provide financing for franchise development?
We will provide information on lending institutions that have financed Meadows units in the past, but The Meadows Franchise Systems does not provide any direct financing.
- If I don’t meet the financial or operational criteria to become a franchisee, may I partner with someone who does?
Yes. Partnerships are not always easy – make sure it is someone you know and trust!
- What are your minimum financial requirements?
Depending upon the amount required to open your franchise, we like a new franchisee to have a net worth of at least $200,000.
- What is an FDD?
The Franchise Disclosure Document, or FDD, explains the key points of the franchise relationship, including sample development and franchise agreements, and provides additional information about the company.
- How much does it cost to build a Meadows Frozen Custard franchise?
The start-up costs can vary widely depending on whether real estate is being purchased. In a typical strip mall scenario, we’ve seen start-ups ranging from $148,000 – $298,000.
- What is the franchise fee?
The franchise fee is $25,000.
- What is the royalty fee?
The franchisor does not take a portion of sales at our franchised locations. Instead, there is a current surcharge of $1.50 for each gallon of our proprietary product that a franchisee purchases from our dairy.
- Am I required to work in my franchise?
You are encouraged to work in your franchise, as the most successful franchises are owner-operated. This is not a requirement, however.
- What kind of training requirements will I be expected to meet?
Prior to opening, the franchisee must spend a minimum of 40 hours on site at an existing location, being trained by an approved Meadows trainer. Once the new location is open, a trainer is on site for three weeks.